Welcome Back to the WMSUG 2012 - 2013 Season!
Announcement for WMSUG & i-94 User Group Meeting/Lab Event - May 15th
"Modern RPG - Unrealized Capabilities", by
George Slater, IS Consultant, Arbor Solutions, Inc.
Michelle Gavalya, Project Leader, Nutech Systems.
Leverage your existing IT staff and infrastructure in ways that you might not have imagined!
George and Michelle will present code samples that will allow you to...
- Write your own Built-In functions.
- Add calls to C programs, UNIX commands, and API's.
- Make use of the System Catalog.
- Read a file with no F specs.
- Connect your IBM i to your shop floor systems.
Or maybe... just add an auto refresh of a screen in a program.
Open discussion will be invited as code samples are presented.
- Utilize recursive SQL.
- Encrypt and decrypt data using MD5 or RC4
- Access and test source code samples on iDevcloud, or retrieve them for use in your private applications.
About the Presenters:
- Michelle Gavalya is a Project Leader with Nutech Systems. She has been working with the IBM i as a developer over the past 12 years. Before joining Nutech Systems, Michelle gained much of her experience working as a programmer analyst and software systems manager for two business related to the automotive industry. Working with Nutech, Michelle has lead major integration projects for clients ranging from Smith and Wesson to working with Le Creuset at their Andover, Hampshire location in the United Kingdom.
- George Slater is an Information Systems consultant with Arbor Solutions, Inc. He brings decades of experience working with companies large and small in diverse business sectors. George has assisted in training personnel to create leading edge web design and development. He has exceptional technical proficiency utilizing SQL, PHP, and the application of Opto 22 equipment to interface shop floor devices with the IBM i. George holds ICCP certifications in IT management and Systems Development, and specialist certificates from IBM as an RPG IV developer.
Visit Via the Web
If you can not attend in person, this session will be available as a webinar. Details will be posted when they become available.
Roundtable discussion will follow.
Meeting ends at Noon.
Ballots will be counted for the election of Executive Committee members
at the May meeting.
- Return ballots to the Secretary/Treasurer, by mail, or in person at the May meeting.
- The secretary will inform the membership of the results of the election.
- The ballot is available in the left side bar.
Date / Location
Date: May 15th, 2013, Wednesday
Time: 8am coffee and rolls, 8:30am presentation
Place: The H.T. Hackney Co., 1180 58th Street SW, Wyoming MI, 49509. Ph: 616-261-6656
Directions coming from the South:
Take US-131 to EXIT 76 (68th street). Turn Left (West) onto 68th street (up and over the 68th Street hill.) Go 0.3 miles to Clyde Park Ave. Turn Right (North) onto Clyde Park. Go 1.1 miles to 58th Street and turn Left (West). Go 0.5 miles. Look for The H.T. Hackney sign on the left.
Directions coming from the North:
Take US-131 to EXIT 78 (54th street). Turn Right (West) on 54th street. Go 0.1 miles to Clyde Park Ave, moving into the left turn lane. Turn Left (South) onto Clyde Park. Go 0.6 miles to 58th Street and turn Right (West). Go 0.5 miles. Look for The H.T. Hackney sign on the left.
Parking is available in front of the building. Enter at the center doors. Members will be directed to the Multi-Purpose Conference Room.
Reminder: Please pay your User Group dues. $60 covers our meeting year of September through May.
Need an invoice? Need an address for mailing? Go to our website and click on Membership.
If you, or someone you know, wants to receive notifications from the user group, please go to: http://iseries.homestead.com/Membership.html#
and click on the "e-mail me" icon.
If you no longer wish to receive regular meeting notices, or if you would like to be removed from the list entirely, please go to:
and click on the "e-mail me" icon.
Or send a message to: firstname.lastname@example.org
As a WMSUG member you have access to the Local User Group area on the iDevcloud box. The box is available for user group members to use for hands on learning. The box is loaded with OS V7R1 and is loaded with all of the compilers and tools needed for you to be able to explore and learn new skills. If you’d like to develop skills with RPG, RPG Free, RPG OA, SQL, PHP, Java and more, this is a great place to use as a sandbox for learning.
If you would like to access the box, contact...
Being a shared resource, members accessing the box are asked to be courteous of others and use appropriate computing ethics during learning activities.